Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Chocolate Orange Cookies

The other night I was desperate for chocolate chip cookies. I had found an old recipe I used to use several years ago entitled "The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever", so I tried them. The problem was I had no chocolate chips. However, I did have a dark chocolate orange (the kind you whack and unwrap), so I chopped it up in chunks and used that. Hello---- totally fabulous!!! My husband suggested I add coconut to the next batch, so I did and they were even MORE fabulous! So, here they are...

Christmas Chocolate Orange Cookies by Erin Taylor

preheat oven to 350 deg.

add in a mixing bowl and cream together:

1 C. granulated sugar
1 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. butter
1/4 C. Shortening
2 eggs
1/4 C. oil
2 tsp. Vanilla

Next, add:

3 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Finally, add the following and mix until combined, (but don't over mix):

1/2 dark chocolate orange (chopped into chunks)
1 1/2 C. milk chocolate chips
1 C. shredded coconut (optional)
1/2 C. chopped nuts (walnuts, macadamia nuts, or almonds)
1/4 C. dried craisins (optional)

  Spoon out large tablespoonfulls onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until barely golden brown on top. Remove from oven and let sit a few minutes before transfering to cooling rack.

No comments:

THE Quiche

This recipe really should be called "Pepper Cheese Quiche" because it has delicious roasted red bell peppers and tons and tons of...