Monday, September 24, 2012

Divine Hot Fudge Sauce

I LOVE homemade hot fudge! Who doesn't?  Well, I tried a new recipe last night- other than my usual- and it was divine! It takes just a few minutes to make.
Hot Fudge Sundae
Divine Hot Fudge Sauce
(taken from my friend Karen Brown's recipe. I doubled the recipe so I can keep the rest in a jar in the fridge for later and made one small change noted with an *)

2 C. sugar
1 Can evaporated milk
1/4 C plus 1 Tbsp. Cocoa powder
2 Tbsp. Karo Syrup

2 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. Rum flavoring* (original recipe calls for 2 tsp. vanilla)

In saucepan, boil first 4 ingredients, stirring constantly until a ball forms when dropped into cold water. (This was about 5 minutes.)  Remove from heat and stir in butter and rum flavoring.  Serve over ice cream. Keep left overs in covered container in refridgerator and eat by the spoonful when the kids are at school!

No comments:

THE Quiche

This recipe really should be called "Pepper Cheese Quiche" because it has delicious roasted red bell peppers and tons and tons of...