Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chili Verde ala Crock Pot

My husband is a closet Mexican. Ok, he isn't so "closet" about it, actually. He ADORES mexican food. If I ever want him to take me out to dinner, all I have to say is "I'm craving mexican food" and he's got his coat on and keys in hand. I, on the other hand, am rarely craving it, but it's a good way to get out of not having to cook. However, I have created a recipe for Chilie Verde that is to die for! Seriously! You MUST try it. Even I will eat seconds of this delicious concoction! Chili Verde ala Crock Pot by Erin Taylor 1 3-4 lb. Pork Roast, boneless, cut into 1 inch cubes 1 large can green enchilada sauce 2 small cans whole green chilies, cut into chunks 3 med. tomatoes, cut into chunks 1 large sweet onion, cut into chunks 2 green peppers, cut into chunks 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic 1 Tbsp. chili powder 1 tsp. ground Cumin 1 tsp. dried Thyme Salt to taste 2 C. water 1 Tbsp. sugar Add all ingredients to large crock pot and cook on high for 6-8 hours. A half hour before serving add: 2 Tbsp. corn starch mixed with 1/4 C. water to thicken the sauce. Serve over chili verde enchiladas (recipe here), or cooked rice and topped with shredded cheddar cheese! Makes fantastic omelettes as well!

No comments:

THE Quiche

This recipe really should be called "Pepper Cheese Quiche" because it has delicious roasted red bell peppers and tons and tons of...